Under Sunlounger – the most renowned of the Roger Shah pseudonyms, the German producer/composer presents the first single to be drawn from the ‘Balearic Beauty’ album. Featuring the transcendent vocals of Romanian songstress Alexandra Badoi, ‘I’ll Be Fine’ delivers the perfect summer 2013 summation.
Ranged across four different versions and six mixes and edits, ‘I’ll Be Fine’ abounds with classic Sunlounger touches and moments. In its Album Mix form it shimmers with melodic lilt – driven by Roger’s coolly running beats & percussion lines, swimming with elegiac note arrangements and further intoxicated by Badoi’s vocal lament.
The Roger Shah Rework of ‘I’ll Be Fine’ is the picture-perfect club-floor transfer. Rolling out deep bass and tougher edged distortion, it sets up a progressive-trance sound-storm. Cutting, looping and editing ‘I’ll Be Fine’s vocal parts, Shah effects a slow-burn release of the song – one that break-side fully erupts with striking impact.
The Chillout Mix provides the essential cool-down Yang to Roger’s Rework fuller-force Yin. Counterbalancing with gradually drifting synths, beautifully crafted live instrumentation and stunning composition, it chills from its first aching note to its last.
Radio Edits and Dubs are also included in the release making ‘I’ll Be Fine’ a Balearic-minded ‘postcard’ with all the elements necessary to see the season out in style.
01) Sunlounger Feat. Alexandra Badoi – I’ll Be Fine (Roger Shah Rework)
02) Sunlounger Feat. Alexandra Badoi – I’ll Be Fine (Roger Shah Dub)
03) Sunlounger Feat. Alexandra Badoi – I’ll Be Fine (Album Mix)
04) Sunlounger Feat. Alexandra Badoi – I’ll Be Fine (Chillout Mix)
05) Sunlounger Feat. Alexandra Badoi – I’ll Be Fine (Radio Mix)
06) Sunlounger Feat. Alexandra Badoi – I’ll Be Fine (Roger Shah Edit)
Forthcoming through Magic Island Records, Sept 2013