Gansevoort Hotel Group has coupled with EDM legends Manufactured Superstars to create a tailor-made soundtrack for its diverse portfolio of lifestyle resorts. Purveyors of “mash-up” and “open-format” DJ performances, Bradley Roulier and Shawn Sabo, also known as the Manufactured Superstars, have created ‘Suite Beats,’ two custom musical mixes inspired by the daytime vibe and nightlife scene for which Gansevoort is best known.
The album launch kicks off with an event at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC on March 5th, followed by a ‘Suite Beats’ 4 month tour across cities in North America, including Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Chicago, Atlantic City and many more. Cut from the sounds of some of electronic dance music’s major players, ‘Suite Beats’ feature remixes and exclusive edits from musical heavyweights like Calvin Harris, Avicii, Nicky Romero, Afrojack, Katy Perry, and The Killers, as well as original tracks from the Superstars themselves.
Suite Beats on iTunes: here
For the “Day” set, the Superstars turn up the volume by seamlessly combining lively tracks to motivate Gansevoort’s guests to kick start their days. The soundtrack begins with a rousing acapella of ‘Planet Rock’ by Roland ‘Urban Soul’ Clark and Powers That Be. From there comes a sun-up rework of Calvin Harris’ ‘Thinking About You,’ the duo’s own ‘Angry Panda,’ and their 2014 ‘Stay’ collaboration with Jarvis Church. EDM dynamics are hardwired into the mix’s midsection with ‘Now Or Never’ from Tritonal, Nicky Romero’s re-cut of R3hab/Lucky Date’s ‘Rip It Up,’ and ‘Black’ from Stefano Pain & Marcel. Calvin Harris lets some wilder frequencies loose with his rework of The Killers’ ‘When You Were Young;’ the LFO drops on ‘I Choose U’ from Timeflies; and the house echoes from Size-men Third Party on ‘Everyday Of My Life.’ Finally, the Manufactured Superstars drop their own mainline elevation of Katy Perry’s ‘Unconditional.’
The second disc, “Night,” taps instinctively into Gansevoort Hotel Group’s famously popular after-dark vibe, showcasing an energetic and decade-jumping compilation. The Salsoul-ish flavors of 80s duo Aurra seed it with soulfully funky class, as Buffalo boys Solidisco bring ‘Make Up Your Mind’ right up-to-date. The big beats of The Cube Guys and even bigger voice of Barbara Tucker keep the vibe flowing with the trio’s cover of ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody.’ Sugar Hill and Andre Plati meanwhile plant their nu-disco-ish seal on Evelyn ‘Champagne’ King’s ‘Love Come Down’ with ‘Feel the Way I Feel’. A decade bump and the Manufactured Superstars bring housing 90s M1 pianos and some instantly recognizable lyrics to ‘My Body,’ before Criminal Vibes warp listeners through to the Noughties, with their version of ‘I Need A Miracle.’ Avicii’s Edit of ‘Miami ‘82’ from Syn Cole heralds a big second-half run of Manufactured music. Beatport smashes ‘Like Satellites,’ ‘Jumping,’ ‘Zombies In Love,’ and ‘The Music’ sit alongside Afrojack’s retake of ‘George F’s ‘Wayo’ and the Bingo Players’ ‘Cry.’
The mixes will be stationed in each guest room for enjoyment by hotel guests, as well as played throughout Gansevoort’s public spaces, supplying the soundtrack for the urban luxury resorts located in Manhattan, Turks + Caicos, and the Dominican Republic.
Since its inception in 2004, Gansevoort Hotel Group has established itself as an innovator in full-service lifestyle resorts, redefining the contemporary hotel experience. With these mixes, Gansevoort hopes to strengthen their growing reputation as a premier day-to-night destination.
01. Powers That Be vs Roland Clark – Planet Rock (Acapella)
02. Manufactured Superstars – Angry Panda
03. Jesse Garcia & Dario Nunez – F*** Me
04. Calvin Harris featuring Ayah Marar – Thinking About You (Manufactured Superstars Remix)
05. Francesco Gomez featuring Dacia Bridges – Nervous Breakdown
06. Manufactured Superstars featuring Jarvis Church – Stay (Original Mix vs Au5 Remix)
07. Tritonal featuring Phoebe Ryan – Now Or Never
08. Stefano Pain & Marcel – Back
09. R3hab & Lucky Date – Rip It Up (Nicky Romero Edit)
10. The Killers – When You Were Young (Calvin Harris Remix)
11. Bingo Players – L’Amour
12. Digital Junkiez – Drumfire
13. Third Party – Everyday Of My Life
14. Timeflies – I Choose U (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
15. Manufactured Superstars featuring Danni Rouge – Like Satellites (StadiumX Remix vs Original Mix)
16. TST & twoloud – Drop It Like This
17. Katy Perry – Unconditionally (Manufactured Superstars Remix)
01. Aurra – Make Up Your Mind (Solidisco Remix)
02. Kaskade – Atmosphere (Chocolate Puma Remix)
03. The Cube Guys & Barbara Tucker – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (The Cube Guys Mix Full Vocal)
04. Sugar Hill & Andre Plati – Feel the Way I Feel
05. Manufactured Superstars – My Body
06. Criminal Vibes – I Need A Miracle (Club Mix)
07. Elizabeth Jay – Gonna Feel It (Jay Frog & Deko-ze Remix)
08. Syn Cole – Miami 82 (Avicii Edit)
09. Manufactured Superstars – Jumping (Intrumental)
10. Manufactured Superstars – Zombies In Love
11. Manufactured Superstars featuring Danni Rouge – Like Satellites
12. George F – Wayo (Afrojack Remix)
13. Manufactured Superstars – The Music
14. Kove – Love For You
15. Bingo Players – Cry (Just A Little)
16. Manufactured Superstars featuring Fingazz – Voyager
17. Manufactured Superstars featuring Scarlett Quinn – Take Me Over (Jquintel & Jeziel Quintela Vocal Mix)
Gansevoort Hotel Group (GHG), the developers of the flagship Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC in New York City’s Meatpacking District, is led by father and son team William and Michael Achenbaum. Following its success in New York, the group signed a management deal in 2009 and debuted Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, the first island location for the boutique brand. A second New York outpost, Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, opened to much fanfare in 2010. The brand’s newest addition, Gansevoort Dominican Republic, opened in December 2014, adding a second Caribbean resort property to its portfolio. GHG specializes in full-service urban and lifestyle resorts that redefine the contemporary hotel experience. For more information, please visit www.gansevoorthotelgroup.com.
Manufactured Superstars has established itself as one of the most electrifying acts today. Consisting of Bradley Roulier and Shawn Sabo, the duo have been praised for their entertaining performances and unique mash-ups, earning fans amongst the public and music press alike. In 2009, they started remixing the likes of Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Katy Perry, Afrojack, Tiësto, and Bruno Mars. Their first breakout hit in 2011 – “Take Me Over ft.
Scarlett Quinn” was a Top 3 single on both SiriusXM Radio and BPM-TV, such a success that they were asked to play at the Kennedy Space Center in Washington DC to mark the launch of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic spaceport. 2011 also marks their first appearance at the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Roulier and Sabo have kept busy as ever, in 2014 by releasing The Magnetic EP, which spawned the hit “Stay ft. Jarvis Church” and current single “Magnetic” The final quarter of 2014 has them performing their residency at Las Vegas’ XS Nightclub, where they were the first resident DJ’s back in 2011, and banging out their monthly podcast on SiriusXM’s BPM. For more information, please visit www.manufacturedsuperstars.com.